In light of the forthcoming changes to the Personal Data EU Legislation, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018, Eisenmann UK Ltd wishes to inform you as to how we handle your Personal Data within our company and the Lawful basis for our activities.
As a trade customer of Eisenmann UK Ltd, we hold the following data, as supplied to us by yourselves:
1. Name and address of your business
2. Contact details such as Phone Number and E-mail address
3. In some cases, we also securely hold your Card & Bank details
4. Recording of telephone calls
5. The names, addresses, e-mail addresses and contact phone numbers of your customer/workshop/other business/delivery addresses, in the case of us directly shipping the goods (Drop Shipping)
Broadly spoken, there are two main reasons for the holding of this data, using the language of the GDPR rules, these are 'Legitimate Business Interest' and 'Fulfilment of Contract'. Below are some more detailed explanations:
1. Name and address of you or your business - This data is held for Legitimate Business Reasons. For us to maintain a trading relationship, we need to know who you are and where you are based. It is also held for Fulfilment of Contract reasons. For us to properly process your orders and ship goods to the correct address. In the instances of applications to become a Eisenmann UK Ltd trade customer, we will also use this information for Companies House searches - normal Due Diligence for any company.
2. Contact details such as Phone Number and E-mail address - This data is held for Legitimate Business Reasons. Without this data we would not be able to communicate with you regarding open orders, new products and pricing changes etc.. Your business with us would suffer deleterious effects if we ceased this communication.
3. In some cases, we also securely hold your Card & Bank details - This data is held for Legitimate Business Reasons. We will only keep this data if you request us to do so. Without this data we would be required to contact you and have you supply these details for every single order.
4. Recording of telephone calls - This data is held for Legitimate Business Reasons & Fulfilment of Contract reasons. These recordings are held both for Training and Quality purposes. To ensure that we have accurately fulfilled a telephone order and also for quality audit, should a claim for incorrect part shipment be received.
5. The names, addresses, e-mail addresses and contact phone numbers of your customer/workshop/other business/delivery, in the case of us directly shipping the goods (Drop Shipping) - This for Fulfilment of Contract reasons. Without these details, we would not be able to despatch goods to your customer.
We do not share your data with any other company for Sales & Marketing purposes. We do share the following to our Logistics Providers (DPD, FedEx etc..)
1. Name for the Recipient of Goods
3. Contact details, such as Phone Number and E-mail address
Our reasons for doing so are simply for the Fulfilment of Contract - without them, we could not deliver any goods to either yourselves or your customer/workshop/other business/delivery (in the case of Drop Shipping). We have checked and ensured that all our Logistics Providers are compliant to GDPR rulings.
We may also share this data within the Eisenmann UK Ltd (for example CA Tuning Group) if your Purchase Order or Enquiry will be either shipped by them directly or better serviced by them.
We hold information pertaining to Sales Order and delivery of goods for a reasonable amount of time, to ensure accurate Fulfilment of Contract and also Quality Auditing, either in the case of Customer Claim or for ISO 9001:2015 purposes.
We hold certain financial information for up to 7 years, to comply with separate UK Accounting Regulations.
If we hold your personal data, you have the following rights afforded to you under the new GDPR legislation:
2. The Right of Access - you can make a request to us for copy of what data we hold on you, where we hold it and how we use it. This request will be serviced in a reasonable amount of time.
3. The Right to Rectification - if you feel that the data we hold on you is inaccurate, you have the right for this to be amended. As a matter of course, we try to ensure the accuracy of your personal data, to your benefit as, without it, our business together would suffer.
4. The Right to Erasure - You have the right to request that we erase all your personal data from our systems. This request should be addressed to our Data Controller and will be performed within a reasonable amount of time and confirmed upon completion.
5. The Right to Restrict Processing - You have the right to request that we do not use your data for certain specific activities, as an example, you may not wish to receive certain communications.
6. However, we would like to state that as a company, in this day of information over load, we strive to reduce our communications to only those essential for successful and continued good business relationship.
7. The Right to Data Portability - where appropriate.
8. The Right to Object - you have the right to object to us using your data for certain activities.
9. The Right Not to be Subject to Automated Decision-Making - until further notice, this activity does not take place within our company. An example of this, to aid understanding only, could be the online application for a loan or credit card, where your provided details are automatically processed to result in an approval decision. No such processes currently exist within our company.
If you have either a question pertaining to the Personal Data we hold on you or wish to make a requested based on the Rights afforded to you by GDPR, please address them by E-Mail, to Eisenmann UK and make it for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
We use 'cookies' to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
A Cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognise your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. time zone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as 'first-party cookies', and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called 'third-party cookies', and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website. Performance Cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience's overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you're visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you're visiting (like language and time zone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you're visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you're visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting/advertising cookies set by third- parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting/advertising cookies on our site.
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device. Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.